Hi everyone! Today is the first Monday of April which means it is motivation day! This months post is all about being kind because in today’s world, it can be so hard to find that. I live by the idea that you should ALWAYS be nice to everyone, because you have no idea what they might be going through. In the world of social media everyone seems to be living a perfect life, with no worries or fear. What social media neglects to show is the hurt a person might be feeling. Someone might be having a awful day but a simple smile, or kind gesture might mean everything to them! Down below you will see 5 ways in which you can make someone’s day a little bit better. I challenge you to try one of these kind gestures this week!
- Pay for a persons coffee/food behind you. This has happened to me a handful of times and boy let me tell you it is so heart warming! Give it a try when you’re grabbing coffee before school or work!
- Hold the door open for someone – Though this might be a task that falls more on men, we ladies can do it too! It shows consideration for others around you!
- Give someone a compliment – This could be a friend, parent, sibling, or even stranger! It might feel weird, but trust me everyone appreciates nice comments Spread the love!
- Leave a note for someone you love – I do this for Hunter all the time, and I love it when he does it for me! Try setting out a note by their coffee in the AM or a sticky note on their mirror! This isn’t just for dating people either, try it for your roomies!
- Checking in – Text a friend you know might be struggling a bible verse of word of encouragement! Kind words can go a long way!
Hope you all enjoyed these simple ways to spread kindness! In the wise words of Selena Gomez, “Kill em with kindness.”