Happy Sunday! Ever since I was a kid I’ve been pretty fare-skinned and always found myself trying to find ways to get tanner. I sadly used the tanning bed quite frequently in high school but have strayed more towards fake tanners during my college years. Tanning beds are just SO bad you guys!! I had so much trouble finding a good quality self-tanner, even having an allergic reaction from one! (lol) I don’t want other girls having as much trouble as I did hence leading me to writing this post! My ultimate favorite self-tanner is St. Tropez. However I do have others that I recommend that might be a little cheaper I will make in a blog post another day. St. Tropez rarely leaves me streaked and provides a naturally looking color meaning I don’t come out orange. However I believe any fake tanner can lead to streaking if not followed by my tips which you can find below!
- BUY THE MITT! I cannot stress this enough ladies. When first exploring the fake tanning world I didn’t want to spend the money on a mitt but trust me it is necessary to getting a streak free tan!
- Exfoliate before use! Don’t miss this important step before applying the tan!
- Less is more. You can always add more to your tan if you don’t think it gave you enough color but it’ll take days for that orange look to fade if you add to much! This is especially important when applying to the face and neck.
- Blow dry after applying. This REALLY helped the tan from staining my clothes after applying. I can’t tell y’all how many times I ruined a light colored shirt after use! Don’t make the same mistake as me!
- Wait to shower/bathe! No matter what the bottle says wait it least 18 hours before showering. This will really help prolong the tan! Secondly, stray away from baths. Theres nothing I love more than a bath but I’ve found it leads to horrible streaking! Rely on showers if you’re using fake-tanners!
I hope y’all found these tips helpful! Below I will link St. Tropez if interested!